Review Requests

Monday 4 June 2018

Book Review

She doesn’t want kids. He would love to be a father. Will they ever find a middle ground?
Olivia doesn't believe in happy families. Judging by her absent father, men aren't exactly reliable, so she’d rather manage without one.

Marine biologist Walter is losing his daughter. He longs to have a second chance to be a good dad.
When Olivia discovers she's pregnant by her douchebag ex, Walter sees the perfect chance to be more than just a friend-with-benefits to her.

But Olivia is the most independent woman he’s ever met. How can he persuade her to accept his help, let alone his heart?

Girl In Trouble is the third book in the award nominated Smart Girls series. If you like charming heroes, alpha heroines and witty banter, you'll love this contemporary romantic comedy. Buy Girl In Trouble and meet your new favourite heroine today.




Rhoda Baxter is a new author to me, and her other books are definitely added to my ever growing tbr pile.  So if you want a book to take on holiday, I would definitely add this one. 

 Right from the start I loved Olivia, in a small way I could see myself in her.  When we first meet her she is at Tom's stag do, which she organised and Tom gave her the honour of being his best man, well they are best friends so why not.  

I have two favourite scenes from the book my first is at the stag do and it involves one of Tom's colleagues, and I seriously wanted to slap him, because according to Ralph a woman can't organise a stag do and definitely shouldn't be a best man and also according to Ralph he found it odd that a man and woman can best friends.  Luckily Olivia did the descent thing, no not slap him, she beat him in a downing competition, oh how I cheered and if I could I would have hugged her. 

My other favourite scene is with Walter he shares his house with Olivia and also her landlord.  Let me set the scene, Walter has just come home after a working trip abroad, so obviously he is wanting a shower and what does he find on the shower curtain a huge spider, and what does do, he goes down stairs and asks Olivia if she will get rid for him.  I'm with Walter I hate spiders as well, I'm that mad woman running round like a headless chicken.  Luckily for Walter Olivia saves the day or in this case night, calmly removes the spider.

For me this book was a roller coaster of emotions.  I went from  wanting to slap Ralph, to laughing and finally crying not ugly crying, just getting teary.  I hope you like this book as much as I did.

I will give this book 5/5 stars.  The book is available to by from Amazon UK  and all other retailers.

I received a complementary copy from the author in return for a honest review, all thoughts are my own. 










No comments:

Post a Comment