Review Requests

Thursday 7 June 2018

Book Review

Falling in love has no age limit. Celebrating her fiftieth birthday on board a luxurious liner cruising the Caribbean Islands with her family and best friend in tow, widowed English vicar Anne Fairchild is on the holiday of a lifetime. Being pampered and spending the next ten days relaxing in the sun, little does she know by stepping on board just how much her life is about to change. 
For Captain Cosimo Deyna this will be his final voyage as Captain of The Caribbean Serenade. Retirement awaits him as does an uncertain future on land. For over thirty years he’d served on numerous leisure vessels spending no more than a few weeks at a time on land or in the country of his birth. The arrival of his father and monarch of his country on board forces Cosimo to face his past and to make a decision about his future.
On a moonlit night Anne and Cosimo encounter each other and feel an instant connection. Can their relationship work even as they struggle to hold back from each other who they really are?





Amanda Ward is a new author to me, and one that I will definitely be reading again.  This is book 2 and I found you can read it as a standalone.  This is a great book to take on holiday.

Well what a refreshing change to have the hero and heroine in there fifties, and to have a chance at finding love for a second time.

I think I have fallen a little in love with Cosimo, he treats Anne with the up most respect, and lets be honest that's how a lot of women would like to be treated.  This trip is Cosimo's last as the captain and one that he will never forget.

Anne is such a strong lady, and she isn't afraid to speak her mind.  Anne is a vicar and mother too three grown up children.  I loved Anne's mother Maud she is fabulous and in some ways reminded me of my late mother.

I have a few favourite scenes from the book...but the one that will stay with me for a long time is when Cosimo is getting out of the pool, and Anne realises that Cosimo is naked.  Oh my was that scene hot.

I without a doubt I give this book 5/5 stars.  The book is available to buy from Amazon UK and all other retailers.

I received this complementary copy from the author in return for a honest review, all thoughts are my own. 







No comments:

Post a Comment