Review Requests

Thursday 16 August 2018

Book Review

HE' S WANTED HER FOR SEVEN YEARS
 
Samuel McDougal never could take Harriet out of his mind since the first day he met her as a freshman at Oxford. But with too red hair and too big spectacles, he surely has no chance. He must forget her and move on; though he's not been with a woman before.
 
AND SHE'S JUST A GOVERNESS
 
Harriet always knew of Samuel's infatuation with her, expecting he'd grow out of it. For some time though, she's been stirred by his tall and lean person. More than stirred in fact. Albeit he's the heir to a powerful Scottish clan, due to a lofty match. As a humble widow, she can only dream of him.
 
BUT RANKS DON'T COUNT WHEN DESIRE SIMMERS.
  
Erotic novella





First of all I must apologise to Ms Torquay for the delay in this review.  Ms Torquay is a new author to me, and she writes my favourite erotic historical romance.  She reached out to me and asked if I would like to review her book.

When I became a reviewer last year I always said I would be honest...but not horrible because to be a writer takes true dedication, so its with a heavy heart I have to say I found this book a struggle to get through, the book didn't wow me, the characters were nice but nothing spectacular.

Normally in historical romances, its the man that is older and the woman younger.  In this book Harriet is a widow and is older than Samuel who is a virgin and has had a crush on Harriet for seven years.  Yes Harriet and Samuel make a nice couple...but for me as a reader I like my hero's to be strong and you know he will protect his lady, but also have a vulnerable side to him with Samuel I found him a bit weak and Harriet could have been so much stronger and again I found her weak.

So for this book I will give 3/5 stars.

You can purchase the book from Amazon UK 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment