Review Requests

Monday 11 March 2019

Book Review Amazing Grace by Kim Nash

She’s taking her life back, one step at a time…
Grace thought she had it all. Living in the beautiful village of Little Ollington, along with head teacher husband Mark and gorgeous son, Archie, she devoted herself to being the perfect mum and the perfect wife, her little family giving her everything she ever wanted. 

Until that fateful day when she walked in on Mark kissing his secretary - and her perfect life fell apart.

Now she's a single mum to Archie, trying to find her way in life and keep things together for his sake. Saturday nights consist of a Chinese takeaway eaten in front of the TV clad in greying pyjamas, and she can’t remember the last time she had a kiss from anyone aside from her dog, Becks… 

Grace’s life needs a shake up – fast. So when gorgeous gardener Vinnie turns up on her doorstep, his twinkling eyes suggesting that he might be interested in more than just her conifers, she might just have found the answer to her prayers. But as Grace falls deeper for Vinnie, ten-year-old Archie fears that his mum finding love means she’ll never reconcile with the dad he loves. 

So when ex-husband Mark begs her for another chance, telling her he’s changed from the man that broke her heart, Grace finds herself with an impossible dilemma. Should she take back Mark and reunite the family that Archie loves? Or risk it all for a new chance of happiness? 

A funny, feel good romance about finding your own path and changing your life for the better – readers of Cathy Bramley, Jill Mansell and Josie Silver will love this uplifting read.


I received this ARC from Netgalley in return for a honest review, all thoughts are my own.

Have you ever read a book and felt an instant connection to the main character, well for me this has only happened once and that was a Historical Romance and now this book. The reason being is that Grace's mum has passed away and my own mum passed in 1985 when I was 19, Grace is older when her mum passes...but the similarity was very much the same. Because we both speak to our mums, and yes I have had some weird looks.

This book will make you laugh, especially the date scenes, and you will definitely cry, not just at the bits were Grace's mum is writing to Grace...but also happy tears and there are few touching moments, one especially with Vinnie and Archie, yes my heart went awwww.

I loved all the characters, except one Mark the ex-husband, there was many times I seriously wanted to slap him, I won't say much and let me put it this way by the end Grace definitely puts him in his place, and yes I cheered because he deserved it.

I must also say that Monica is the type of friend everyone should have, she is funny, loyal and above anything else she will always have your back.

What did surprise me was this is Ms Nash's debut book, I did go looking on Amazon to check past books, and I can't wait for the next book.

I give this book 5/5 stars, I would dearly love too give more.  This book is on pre-order at Amazon UK and is released on 10th April.   

No comments:

Post a Comment