Review Requests

Monday 5 June 2017





Jenni Fletcher   The Convenient Felstone Marriage


This is the first book that I have read of Jenni's and it won't be the last.  This book me laugh and cry and I couldn't stop reading from the moment I picked it up.

Ianthe and Robert are both looking at uncertain futures until Robert devises a plan that could help both of them.

Ianthe is a governess who has had to leave her post because of a scandal that involved the family's oldest son.  Since then she has been dressing in unrelenting black and dark grey and trying to make herself as dowdy as possible.

Robert wants to get into polite society and to expand his ship building yard and to do that he wants to buy Mr Harper's business, and Robert thinks that by getting married it will help him get the business.  Unfortunately for Robert the lady he proposed to Louisa Allendon turned him down because he wasn't good enough for her.

Percy is Ianthe's brother and he has got some gambling debts and is very easily lead and is also friends with Charles Lester (he knew Percy's and Ianthe's late mother), and is also very creepy and takes a rather uncommon interest in Ianthe.  

I can't reveal anymore because they would be too many spoilers.

I loved every minute of this book and would highly recommend it.

I would give the 5/5 stars

I received this book as a ARC in exchange for an honest review.

You can buy this book from Amazon.co.uk  


No comments:

Post a Comment