Review Requests

Wednesday 20 September 2017



Janice Preston  Scandal and Miss Markham (The Beauchamp Betrothals, Book 2)

My Review

This is the second book in the Beauchamp series and my second book by Janice.  As you will remember we met Leo in the previous book, this time we meet his younger brother Vernon.

I had been looking forward to reading this book for a long while, mainly I wanted to see how Janice portrayed Vernon and I can safely say he is just how I could imagine him to be.

This is a book I can highly recommend and is turning out to be a great series.  I can't go into too much detail of the book, because that would spoil the book.

Vernon as you know is the younger brother of Leo who is The Duke of Cheriton, but Vernon feels he missing something a purpose in life, and so volunteers to see a Mr Daniel Markham at Stour Crystal.  But upon his arrival he meets Daniel's sister Thea Markham, who doesn't know that Daniel had wrote to the Duke.  what for I hear you ask well you will find out in due course.

Thea is a very strong woman and also very stubborn.  But she has had her heart broken by a con man and from this Thea is very wary of men.  I loved Thea because she loves her family, and would do anything to help them.   She feel in love with a man who then conned and left Thea at the alter and because of this her father then had a stroke and has been bed ridden ever since.  so since then Thea and her brother have been getting the business back on its feet again.  so when Vernon meets Thea she is very worried because her brother has been missing for days and so the adventure begins.

Because Thea is a stubborn woman and completely ignores what Vernon says to her she then follows Vernon in what becomes a wonderful adventure not just for Thea but also for Vernon.  This adventure goes from two people starting as friends, but ends were each of them finds love for each other.

In the book Vernon does tease Thea a lot especially her name because you see Thea is short for Dorothea and Vernon does like calling her Dotty much to Thea's annoyance.

I would give this book 5/5 stars.  The book is available to purchase from the 1st October from Amazon.

I received this ARC from the author in return for a honest review.













1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review, Shell. I'm glad you enjoyed Vernon and Thea's journey! Jx

    ReplyDelete