Review Requests

Friday 12 January 2018

Book Review

Witty, Saucy Regency Romance
‘I am a Duke. I’m not asking you to marry me. I am offering to marry you. It’s a different thing entirely.’
When the Duke of Ashbury returns from war scarred, he realises he needs an heir – which means he needs a wife! When Emma Gladstone, a vicar's daughter turned seamstress visits wearing a wedding dress, he decides on the spot that she'll do.
His terms are simple:
They will be husband and wife by night only.
No lights, no kissing.
No questions about his battle scars. 
Last, and most importantly… Once she's pregnant with his heir, they need never share a bed again.
But Emma is no pushover. She has secrets and some rules of her own:
They will have dinner together every evening.
With conversation.
And teasing.
Last, and most importantly… Once she's seen the man beneath the scars, he can't stop her from falling in love…
When a girl meets a Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules…


Oh wow this book is amazing, I loved reading every second of it.  Tessa Dare is a new author to me, and I will definitely be reading her back catalogue.  Would I recommend this book absolutely, it was a joy to read.

I adored Ash and Emma, the humour between them had me at times laughing out loud and then other times I very nearly cried.  Also I loved the friends that Emma makes, Penny, Nicola and Alexandra, these are the type of friends that don't care if you are from a different class to them.

I hope in the future Penny, Nicola and Alexandra get there own books.

I will give this book 5/5 stars and as I said I can highly recommend it.

The book is on pre-order and is available to buy from 22nd February from Amazon and all other retailers.

I received this book from Netgalley for Mills&BoonInsiders, in return for a honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment