Review Requests

Sunday 11 March 2018

Book Review

Lucas Vincent may be the Duke of Willowby but he’s never acted as such. He’s been too busy working for the War Department as a spy. But years of dangerous work has finally caught up to him and he was involved in a violent attack that nearly killed him. Forced home, his angry, aggressive desire to get back in the field and find out to who betrayed him is keeping him from healing.

Diana Oakford was raised by a physician who served the King’s War Department and she knows better than most the dangers that job entails. She was also trained in healing, so when she’s asked to come and assist with Lucas’s recovery she has a hard time refusing.

Once they’re alone together an unexpected connection begins to grow between these two people who have fought their emotions all their lives and more begins to heal than just Lucas’s broken body. But just when they start to believe they could find some kind of happiness, the past rears its ugly head and Lucas will have to choose between the life he once led and the woman who has changed his world.






I make no apologises for the gushing review, I've said it before and I'm going to say it again, this series is fantastic and just gets better and better.

I found this book slightly different to the other books, when I mean different that's good not bad.  Because this book concentrates on Lucas and Diana, which for reasons that will be explained, we find out why he became a spy, and why they both have secrets.

Normally the other dukes and their wife's are in the background but in this one they don't appear until much further in the book.  Which for me was lovely because I got to know Lucas and Diana, without his friends being there.

In other reviews I would normally give little snippets of the story, because they are secrets in this one, it really would spoil the book.

For me this book is a must read and comes highly recommended so I give this book 5/5 stars, I really wish I could give more, because this book does deserve more stars.

This book is available to buy from Amazon and all other retailers on 27th March

I received this book from Netgalley in return for a honest review. 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment