Review Requests

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Book Review

"My lord Gascoigne,
I wish to lay my bargain before you with all openness...
Your duties, under the terms of this bargain, are to guide me through the dangerous waters of the Beau Monde. I trust my instincts, but it would be useless to suggest that I am experienced in the ways of the world. I can see at once that you are.
I could see the trap of your rank, looks and charm at a glance, but I am quite safe - for I could never marry a man such as you."

Delphine Delacroix has lived the life of bird in a gilded cage, kept in a stately home with only her cold, autocratic mother for company. At her mother’s death, she finds herself to be a wealthy woman and comes to London, to be fretted over by her three maternal aunts – all determined to have her marry well. But Delphine feels she is once more having to hand herself over to another’s will and seeks to be the mistress of her own destiny.

But she recognises that she has none of the skills needed to steer herself through the shoals of fortune hunters that wish to marry her. Aware of her own naivety and not trusting her aunts, she recruits a rake to help her. Viscount Titus Gascoigne is her choice, and he agrees - but will their dangerous arrangement prosper? Or will it be discovered and prove scandalous?

Alicia Cameron ‘tells tales with the wit and charm of a bygone age.’

‘Real people that you will fall in love with, laugh and cry with, and hate to leave when the book is finished.’

‘The very definition of feel-good!’



Alicia Cameron is a new author too me, this was a lovely sweet romance, and it wasn't to long, I read this in one day.

For some this will be a great book...but for me I couldn't warm to the heroine Delphine, for me she came across as cold.  Which was such a shame because the story was good, and no matter what Ms Cameron did to try and make me warm to her, I just couldn't.

There was one person I did like and that was Miss Phoebe, she was the exact opposite of Delphine.  Miss Phoebe was warm, kind and caring, if only Phoebe had been the heroine, I would have liked the book a lot more.

So for the reasons I have given, I will give the book 4/5 stars.

This book is available to buy from Amazon UK and all other retailers.

This was a complementary copy from the author, in return for a honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment