Review Requests

Friday 3 August 2018

Book Review

The land girl and the US Officer
July 1942
Dear Diary, Despite the war raging around me, I find I can’t stop thinking about the American officer Sergeant Dale Johnson. I’ve never known anyone as brave, kind and handsome! But I promised myself I wouldn’t care this much about a man again—especially when he could be transferred at any time. Yet that only makes me want to relish our time together. Now, fighting my heart feels like the biggest battle…




OMG I cannot tell you how much I loved this book.  It is sweet, romantic and oh so passionate, I will also defy anyone that doesn't cry because I certainly did, even though I did cry I also did a lot of giggling, and I mean a lot of giggling.  Dale loved winding Kathryn up.

While I was reading I thought this book reminds me of a film and it wasn't until I spoke to my best friend and she mentioned that it was Yanks, this is the film with Richard Gere...but that is where the similarity starts and ends.

Dale is a sergeant even though he has difficult job, he also has a loving heart...but he also knows about tragedy especially when his sister died when she was thirteen, what I also liked was when he spoke about her it as if she was still alive, which made me love him even more.  One of the main reasons Dale joined the Army was to find his brother Ralph and he is determined that he going to find him for his parents.

Kathryn has being staying with Norman and Charlotte for a year, and she helps with the children that are staying with them, as Kathryn said when she arrived she was a girl...but soon turns into a beautiful and loving woman.  Its while she is riding her bike to the pub with eggs that she meets Dale, and lets just say that first meeting isn't successful.

Through out the book Kathryn is writing in her diary this were we see her true feelings for Dale, and while I was reading the diary extracts I did most of my crying.  I must also say that Ms Robinson's writing was brilliant and from a readers perspective you got a sense how people were scared when there loved ones went off fighting.  And its why Dale couldn't make a promise to Kathryn.

I will give the book 5/5 stars...but definitely deserves a lot more stars.

The book is available to buy from Amazon UK and all other retailers. 

I received this complementary copy from the author in return for a honest review.









No comments:

Post a Comment