Review Requests

Wednesday 14 March 2018

Book Review

First comes love, then comes marriage. Unless it's the otherway around. . .
General Mark Grimaldi has sacrificed everything for his military career, working his way through the ranks without the benefit of a nobleman's title. Now, his years of dedication are about to pay off—with an offer for a prestigious promotion to Home Secretary. There's only one condition: Mark must be married. Aside from the small matter of not actually wanting to be wed, Mark faces another troubling problem: he already has a wife.
Nicole Huntington Grimaldi has spent ten contented years in France without her husband—and without regret. When Mark asks her to return to London and play the part of his beloved wife, she sees her chance. But neither of them is prepared for news that will throw Mark's future into chaos…nor the undeniable desire they've rekindled.  Maybe happily-ever-after can happen the second time around in A Duke Like No Other, the next Regency romance from Valerie Bowman.




I became a fan of Valerie's books when I bought my first kindle, which is now three years ago.  So when I got the opportunity to read her new book, I immediately said yes.

Oh what a book it is, and for me comes highly recommended.  From the moment I was introduced to Mark and Nicole, the book had a hold of me and I loved reading every minute.

This is just a little taster and I won't be revealing anything that will spoil the book.  Mark is general and spy, but he also a man with a secrets, one being that he is married and has been for the last ten years, but he is also a man that jumps to conclusions very quickly, and yes at times that made me cross with him.  Because Mark wants a promotion he needs his wife back, and the other secret that he has is about his family, he doesn't talk about his family, but that all changes when a family member is murdered.

Nicole in the mean time has been living in France, mainly over the miss understanding that Mark has jumped to.  Nicole is strong minded and opinionated, while she has being in France Nicole has helped with the local orphanage, of course when Mark reappears and asks a favour all the love and hurt that happened ten years previous does play on her mind.  Nicole does say to Mark she will return to London but she also has condition and to find out what that is you will have to read the book. 

I also loved how Valerie kept taking us back to when Mark and Nicole first met and how they was misunderstandings on both part.  I likes how Nicole and Mark come together and help solve the murder.  There is also a family member that I adored and is so funny, especially when Mark is doing some interviews.

I give this book 5/5 stars, if I could I would give more.

The book is on pre-order at Amazon and is released on 1st May.

I received this complementary copy in return for a honest review.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment