Review Requests

Monday 26 November 2018

Beauty and the Brooding Lord by Sarah Mallory

Ruined by a rake…


Rescued by the reclusive Baron!

Following the death of his fiancĂ©e, Lord Quinn has sworn off all matters of the heart. But when he happens upon an innocent lady being assaulted his sense of honour insists he step in and rescue her…even if that means marriage to protect Serena’s reputation! However, his new wife remains distant—a stranger to his bed. Can Quinn help Serena fight her demons and finally defeat his own?



I received this book from the author in return for a honest review, all thoughts are my own.

I did enjoy reading this book, and from the start I liked Serena and Quinn...but there was one part that I didn't like reading and that was when Serena got assaulted, because that happened to me and of course it brought it all back...but I do want to stress the way Ms Mallory wrote that scene must have been very difficult and how the characters handled the aftermath was done in a sensitive way.

I went from liking Serena and Quinn to loving them, mainly Quinn and how he saves Serena, and showing a very caring side to him, and Serena went from being a flirty minx to a less confident young lady, but with Quinn's help Serena is able to trust and she finds the confidence that she had before the attack.

I will definitely give 5/5 stars. 

The book is available to buy from Amazon UK and all other retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment