Review Requests

Monday 26 November 2018

The Duke of Kisses by Darcy Burke

Frances Snowden can hardly believe her good fortune when she’s whisked away from her boring life by her sister who is now a duchess. Instead of becoming the third wife of her parents’ stuffy neighbor, she can be anything she wants: a doting aunt to her newborn niece, a debutante in London, or even an independent spinster. But when she meets and kisses a mysterious man on a walk in the countryside, she knows exactly what she desires—him.

David Langley, Earl of St. Ives, is resigned to marrying the dull woman his parents chose when he was a child. His future is suddenly, and happily, diverted when he encounters a captivating young woman who shows him everything he’s been missing. Ready to embark on a blissful life together, a long-buried feud between their families makes their marriage impossible. Nothing is more important than duty and family, but can he turn his back on love?





I received this book from the author in return for a review, all thoughts are my own.

I don't know about you dear readers, but for me I feel I have been waiting ages to read Fanny and David's book.  So dear readers the wait is finally over, and can I just say that Ms Burke has done Fanny and David proud.

Right from the first page to last, I absolutely loved reading about Fanny and David, it all started at Christmas Eve 1817, while Fanny is out walking, when quite by chance she meets David, and according to Fanny is unbelievably handsome. Normally when you meet a gentleman you want to make a good impression...but poor Fanny is a little clumsy and lets just say David comes to her rescue and offers to walk her home. Now normally they would introduce themselves to each other and lets just say they both tell a little white lie about who they really are...but there is one thing that they feel for each and that's the chemistry and becomes even stronger when they have a kiss.

Now dear readers that is not the end oh no, because David leaves a lasting impression on Fanny, not just the kiss but her liking of Ornithology and she is constantly reading all of West's books on the subject in his library...but its at a ball the following April that Fanny and David meet again, and from here its a bit of a roller coaster of a ride, because it turns out there is a family feud with David's and Fanny's family. I hope dear readers that you enjoy this book as much as I did.

Overall this book was well written and as I've said before for me this book was definitely worth the wait and I'm so looking forward to book twelve.

I will definitely give this book 5/5 stars. 

The book is on pre-order at Amazon UK  and is released on 27th November.

No comments:

Post a Comment